Post new topic   Reply to topic    Legacy Reborn Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheKazz
Guild Master

re: Windows 10

Anyone raiding with Windows 10? I heard horror stories of game client crashes and it's made me delay the automatic upgrade. The problem is the automatic upgrade window keeps popping up every 2 days (often during inopportune times.... like raids)

Is it stable?

my wow crashes once a day cause of windows 10...
Psynite
Social

I have updated to windows 10, was crashing (specifically freezing and becoming unresponsive) randomly, but there was an update over the weekend and My comp hasn't crashed since then.

Current uptime is 5 days, and the last time I willingly restarted to update some software.

Other than my current issue of not getting the comp to go into "idle" mode, so I can have the displays turn off after a specified time, 10 is running fine for me.
Tomhanx
Raider

I'm with Kazz on this...Been postponing the upgrade, I know my brother was having random crashes last week, so I was scared to go through with it. I haven't seen a popup show up during raiding (but I've been sitting a lot lately too, so maybe it just hasn't affected me)...BUT, what is happening daily, is I'll put my pc to sleep at night (not shut down, just sleep mode), and when I get up in the morning, every day, it's woke itself up during the night somehow, and there's a windows 10 popup on the screen, preventing it from going afk idle.
Delinkthaum
Illuminati

I'm waiting no less than 6 months to upgrade. It may appear to be stable - and it may actually BE stable - but I've never had good experiences with new Windows products. The popup can find a whole and crawl into it.
Tomhanx
Raider

Delinkthaum wrote:
The popup can find a whole and crawl into it.

a whole what?
Delinkthaum
Illuminati

Tomhanx wrote:
a whole what?

The same whole hole that my damn phone keyboard is in.
sinistershot

I did a fresh install of windows 10 and have not crashed once.
TheKazz
Guild Master

Finally upgraded from Win 8.1 to 10.

My buddy who was having crashing issues said that nVidia released a driver ~3 days ago that solved his issues with ALT+TAB-ing and so far things are stable for me (hooray!).

The Curse Client did not work as expected when it launched on startup, but manually launching it did the trick.

TheKazz wrote:
Finally upgraded from Win 8.1 to 10.

My buddy who was having crashing issues said that nVidia released a driver ~3 days ago that solved his issues with ALT+TAB-ing and so far things are stable for me (hooray!).

The Curse Client did not work as expected when it launched on startup, but manually launching it did the trick.

I'm kind of worried. I ordered a new computer that should be here in a couple weeks. I hope this is going to be a smooth transition. I really wanted windows 7 on it .
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Legacy Reborn Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: