Post new topic   Reply to topic    Legacy Reborn Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheKazz
Guild Master

re: Close Encounters of the Nerd Kind

This is my "what's the strangest place you ever bumped into a fellow WoW player?" thread.

------------

I have a story from today. So I'm going to get my teeth cleaned this morning, and the hygienist is a guy named Anthony. He makes small talk with me about the weather and asks what I do (I tell him I manage IT). He then divulges that he "knows enough about computers to be dangerous and play World of Warcraft"

The result was him dissecting the current arena season's 2's bracket strategies while he cleaned all the crud out of my mouth. Him talking about the advantages of a mistweaver in arena right now while he was scraping tartar out of my teeth, and I had my mouth wide open was quite the hilarious moment. I wanted to talk so much about WoW but I couldn't since I was basically limited to "Uh huh" or "nuh uh" responses given my situation.

--------------

Anyone else have any similarly bizarre stories of meeting a fellow WoW player?

I have a story from last year (We were towards the end of BRF progression). When I was working at a Liquor store, I ended up talking with one of the delivery drivers and turns out he plays WoW. He ended up boasting how his group was something like halfway through heroic BRF progression, with us being towards the end of Mythic BRF, I decided not to boast and ended up responding in a similar manner as you Kazz (mostly one word responses).

While me and my husband were at BlizzCon last year, we ended up waiting in line for the merchandise booths for nearly 3 and a half hours. Naturally, I struck up a conversation with the people around me, and ended up getting a bunch of advice from a Mythic Raid Leader whose guild was progressing on Mythic Mannoroth. Apparently, he was getting increasingly frustrated at people being hit by Felseeker.

I made a mental note not to be among the people getting hit by that mechanic.

Oops.
Pips-A52
Social

Tuskeh wrote:
While me and my husband were at BlizzCon last year, we ended up waiting in line for the merchandise booths for nearly 3 and a half hours. Naturally, I struck up a conversation with the people around me, and ended up getting a bunch of advice from a Mythic Raid Leader whose guild was progressing on Mythic Mannoroth. Apparently, he was getting increasingly frustrated at people being hit by Felseeker.

I made a mental note not to be among the people getting hit by that mechanic.

Oops.

I also talked to a fellow WoW player while waiting in line for merch... except he was a filthy casual. He was asking me and my friend if we would carry him through CMs. No thanks.
Pips-A52
Social

Also, this thread reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMio1UsgraU
TelonicusRex

When I was going through MEPS (military entrance processing station) the first time back in 2008 I sat on the bus next to a really pretty redhead and started talking to the guy next to me about WOW. The redhead in question responded to this conversation and said she also played. Her and I continued talking and had dinner at the hotel together where the applicants were staying. After a while of talking she mentioned that she would dance naked as a night elf in SW for gold (remember when that was a thing?). I being 17 at the time naturally saw this adult like feature as probably being a real time character trait for this woman. I asked how often she got naked for money and she invited me to her room and said "why don't you find out?" I told her I was 20 because she was 25 and didn't want to get in trouble for being with a minor. Lied about losing my wallet and all that good jazz and in the end, WOW got me laid.

2 interesting aspects to this

1. She had 4 kids at 25 and was from a pretty shitty part of MD (Tawneytown) which is a breeding ground for whores and future convicts, so I could have farted and this girl would have been interested.
2. When we went to MEPS again the next day, she found out I was 17 because I had to tell my age to the examiner in a briefing room. She also failed the ASVAB (vocational battery test) to get into the Army National Guard (you need a 20/100 to make it, she got an 8/100)

I hope this isn't too graphic or gross, but it is really the only interesting WOW encounter I have ever had.
Bevogrenskin
Raider

TelonicusRex wrote:
She also failed the ASVAB (vocational battery test) to get into the Army National Guard (you need a 20/100 to make it, she got an 8/100)

She made an 8 on the ASVAB..... I mean you almost have to be trying to score that low. That gene pool is pretty shallow. Definitely no diving allowed.
TelonicusRex

It was just as bewildering to me, I got an 85 and barely tried.
Delinkthaum
Illuminati

One of the high school teachers who partners with my ND research group plays WoW. My boss is good friends with the guy and mentioned it in passing when I first met him a couple years ago. He was very excited to tell me about his raid group that he runs and their struggles on Normal Thok progression. I was somewhat hesitant to answer when he asked what my progression was; we were somewhere in the 330-wipe range on He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.

Nothing really exciting happened after that. I've had him on BTag for at least 2 years. Never really talked.
Tomhanx
Raider

not exactly what this thread is about, but...

Early in mop, while I was running my previous guild, I had one of my raiders randomly show up at my front door one day. I had been pretty friendly with the guy, and he knew my real name, which apparently made it pretty easy for him to find my address somewhere online. When he and his wife went on vacation, he decided to stop at my house on his way through Virginia. Problem was, he didn't tell me any of his plans...he just showed up at my door one afternoon. They were both nice people, but the whole thing just creeped me out.
TelonicusRex

With your beard? I'd send you a whisper first at least. I'll be dropping by in early June when I move from Baltimore to Biloxi. Except no I won't because that is a creep maneuver.
TheKazz
Guild Master

Tomhanx wrote:
not exactly what this thread is about, but...

Early in mop, while I was running my previous guild, I had one of my raiders randomly show up at my front door one day. I had been pretty friendly with the guy, and he knew my real name, which apparently made it pretty easy for him to find my address somewhere online. When he and his wife went on vacation, he decided to stop at my house on his way through Virginia. Problem was, he didn't tell me any of his plans...he just showed up at my door one afternoon. They were both nice people, but the whole thing just creeped me out.

That's terrifying. LOL

I'd be like "Uhh dude can't we just go to Waffle House or something?"

Some great stories here haha

The only story that I have is, back in the days of Vanilla, a group of Horde/Alliance guilds were very friendly in Vent and some knew each other personally, after some time a WoW party idea was thrown out and the place to go was Pennsylvania, which is 3hours away from me.

I go to this party alone and not knowing most of these people in person or through pictures, but took a chance anyway... everyone got really messed up, booze, some people had to be thrown in the shower and detox, women and men etc etc

Few months later... you guessed it.... one of the Girls were pregnant!!! More than awkwardness it was hilarity, level 1 characters were created, level 1 baby jokes everywhere, you get the picture...

Other than that, I'm a closet WoW player I think, it doesn't come up with other people
TelonicusRex

In homage to this thread, I have an album on my facebook with the same name. What will it be filled with? Why, Pokemon GO! pictures of course! A lot of these will probably include my dog Sailor, she is good luck. My other pitbull is an asshole so he may appear not so frequently.

They have the same face
Forum Image

Kinda wish she would have started to do something else to make this one better but still funny imo
Forum Image
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Legacy Reborn Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: